We are looking forward to providing you and your family a safe, nurturing, and enriching preschool experience. As we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 pandemic orders by the Governor of California and local counties, we would like to provide you with some information on how we are keeping children as safe as possible at Woodcrest.
Please know that this situation is very fluid and we are following the expertise and guidance of Childcare Licensing, the CDC, as well as the Public Health officials as we navigate the reopening of the preschool on June 1, 2020. First and foremost our number one priority is the health and safety of your children on our campus. As such these are the policies and procedures that are based on best practices from Childcare licensing and CDC recommendations against the spread of the virus in a school setting.
- If you or your children are sick, please do not bring them to school. This goes for a persistent cough, runny nose, or fever. Woodcrest will not admit any children who demonstrate these symptoms.
- If you have or have been around someone with COVID-19 notify the school at once and follow CDC guidelines. Do not visit the school until cleared by Public Health officials or a doctor.
- All parents must wear a mask upon pick up and drop off.
- Pick up and drop off will be done in the area designated by the Director. Parents must social distance during check-in. Allow extra time for this process. We are not allowing any parents to pass into the school or classrooms at this time. A teacher will bring the child into the class from the designated pickup area. At drop off, parents and children’s temperatures are recorded as well as a thorough signs-of-illness observation and discussion. The teacher takes attendance, washes the child’s hands and leads them into the classroom. Woodcrest does not allow any visitors on campus at this time. At pick up, parents notify the front office that they are here to pick up their child and the child is brought out by a teacher or director.
- All children and parents will have their temperature checked at drop off. If a parent or child has an elevated temperature of 100.5 or greater, they will not be allowed to attend school until they are fever-free for 24 hours. The school will contact the parents at home to monitor illness and determine if a negative Covid test is required. A teacher will check in and out parents into Procare using a mobile app.
- Children will be required to wash hands and or use sanitizer before entering the classroom.
- The child’s teacher will be wearing a mask at all times. Children over 3 may be required by Local Health Departments to wear a mask. Woodcrest Preschool is required to follow all State and County ordinances regarding masks and sanitizing.
- Classroom group size may be limited based on childcare licensing policy. This policy will not be provided by Childcare Licensing until the end of May. We are estimating a group size of no more than 10 in a classroom. Many of our rooms hold up to 24. Depending on need some classrooms may be separated by a barrier to allow for additional care. Woodcrest will use its best efforts to ensure that social distancing is being observed.
- Children will wash hands regularly.
- Any child who demonstrates any symptoms of cold or virus will be required to be picked up within 30 minutes. Children will be placed in a comfortable area away from other children. There will be a $50 fee for every 25 minutes a parent is late. Parents must bring a doctors note showing that the child is medically able to attend school.
- Teachers will use their best efforts to provide social distancing during indoor and outdoor play, art, academics, and learning centers.
- We want to ensure the same children are attending class each day, this is very important in the process of monitoring health. We are offering 5 full days of care for the time being.
- The staff will clean with enhanced bleach water multiple times per day in high touch areas per CDC guildelines. Woodcrest has purchased electrostatic spray machines to provide enhanced COVID-19 cleaning. This enhanced cleaning is specifically used to treat covid-19 virus in institutions.
- All parents and teachers will sign an initial disclosure form and a weekly COVID-19 disclosure form for the schools file.
- Woodcrest’s mission is to provide children with loving and nurturing environment where they can learn through play and social interaction, innovate, and shine with creativity. We will do everything we can to help your child flourish during this difficult time.