How We Are Safely Re-Opening During Covid-19
The COVID-19 crisis has caused a great impact on our community. In doing so adjustments and shifts have been made to ensure the safety and well-being of all. We want you to know that we have made the shifts. Following CDC guidance, we are committed to providing the same nurturing education that we have been able to do so for the last 50 years. Every Woodcrest preschool location has taken the necessary steps to provide a safe space where your child can grow and thrive. We will continue to follow the guidance on re-opening provided by the Governor of California and local counties and update our policy based on that guidance.
Here is how we are keeping our schools Covid-19 Safe:
Stay Home if Your Are Sick
We are asking that if your child is sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, like a persistent cough, runny nose or fever, that they not be brought to school. We will not admit children that demonstrate any such symptoms. If a child is to begin experiencing symptoms while at school we will ask that they be picked up.
If you or your child has been in contact with someone that has COVID-19, please notify the school at once and follow CDC guidelines.
We ask that you not visit the school until you have been cleared to do so by Public Health Officials or a doctor.
What Happens at Drop-Off
- ALL parents must wear a mask upon pick up and drop off.
- Pick up and drop off will be done in the area designated by the Director. Parents must social distance during check-in. We advise parents to allow for extra time during this process. We are not allowing any parents to pass into the school or classrooms at this time. A teacher will bring the child into the class from the designated pickup area.
- All children and parents will have their temperature checked by staff with a face shield and mask. Any child or parents with a 100.4f temp or greater will not be allowed into the preschool.
- A teacher will check-in and out parents into Procare using a mobile app.
- Children will be required to wash hands and or use sanitizer before entering the classroom.
- The child’s teacher will be wearing a mask and gloves as needed. Children over 3 may wear a mask.
Cleanliness in Our Classrooms
- Children will wash their hands upon entering the classroom and throughout the day.
- All Teachers and staff are required to wear a mask.
- Toys will be put out on trays for children. Once children are done with the toys, the trays will be placed in a designated area and sanitized with bleach water before next-use.
- All classroom supplies will be provided in a separate bag or box for EACH students use. Students will not share supplies.
- Books are provided in plastic totes designated to each child by name.
They are then sanitized at the end of each week, with new books placed in the tote for the following week.
- All surfaces, such as tables are washed a minimum of 4 times a day with bleach water.
- Toilet and sink handles are washed regularly throughout the day.
- All sleep mats are sanitized at the end of each use.
Together – Apart: Social Distancing Protocol
- Parents shall social distance when dropping off and picking up children.
- Visitors will not be permitted on campus.
- All children have their own chair and assigned seating.
- Children will be provided their own sleeping mat and supplies.
- Designated spaces will be assigned for each child on the carpet during the opening circle.
- Classroom group sizes follow the most current Child Care Licensing guidelines for ratios and group size.
- We have reconfigured our learning centers to provide more space at reduced capacity.
A 50 Year Promise and Commitment to Care and Smiles
Woodcrest Preschool was founded over 50 years ago to provide children with a strong academic foundation, a love of learning, exploration, and empathy for others.
Today Woodcrest Preschool has evolved using 21st-century skills to expand its mission. In addition to play and art, our classrooms are filled with stem learning, mobile maker-spaces, coding, and more. You are never too young to learn at Woodcrest Preschool.
This has not stopped during the COVID-19 pandemic. We encourage you to see what we are doing in the classroom during this unprecedented time to create a safe, engaging, and fun curriculum that not only prepares them for kindergarten but how to communicate and be empathetic to one another.