Meal Plan Ideas Your Preschooler Will Love
Meal planning is a great way to save time and create delicious lunchtime options for your child. With school in full swing, why not give yourself a head start? Having a handful of tasty options to choose from will make your meal prep a breeze. If you have your child participate in picking the healthiest options, it will also help teach them the best bites to pack. We’ve listed some of our favorites below.
Idea #1: Build a Hawaiian Pizza
- Pita bread, cut into triangles (can substitute flatbread or bagel halves)
- Organic Pizza Sauce
- Freshly Diced Pineapple
- Sliced Deli Ham or Honey Glazed Turkey Bacon
- Organic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (Can Substitute for Non-Dairy Cheese)
Idea #2: Turkey and Cheese Roll-ups
- Sliced Deli Turkey
- Organic Cheese Stick (Dairy or Non-Dairy) Cut into 4
Wrap the slice of Turkey around the stick of cheese and roll it up. This meal can be served with Veggie Chips or Pretzels, Carrot Sticks and Grapes
Idea #3: Berry Yogurt Parfait
- Organic Vanilla Yogurt
- Horizon Organic Graham Crackers
- Freshly Sliced Strawberries
- Fresh Blueberries
Pack all of your meal ingredients separately. Kids can make a parfait by stirring in the berries and graham crackers. We also recommend packing yogurt in a separate leak-proof container.
Idea #4: Hummus Dippers
- Pita Bread (cut into strips)
- Organic Celery Sticks
- Organic Baby Carrots
Idea #5: BBQ Chicken Dippers
- Grilled Chicken Breast, Diced
- Organic BBQ Sauce
- Fork or Toothpicks
Our recommendation is to serve these with Orange Slices, Celery Sticks, and Baby Carrots.
We hope your child will love these meal prep options for a yummy school day lunch. We are also always happy to provide our lunch services for your young preschooler. Just click here to place your order ahead of time.